Sunday, March 11, 2012

Troldmand and Flowers must Die- BETA, Copenhagen March 10th, 2012


I was looking forward to this night as Troldmand were really excellent last time they played. I was not sure how many people would show up but I knew the guys in Papir, Tom, and a few others would show. Magnus and I were hanging out at my place listening to Troldmand, GNOD, My brother the Wind, Gösta Berlings saga and some other cool music before the show.

          Troldmand started about 22:15 and the room filled up nicely with about 40 people or so and the sound was very good. I was recording the show from one of the tables in the center of the room. They were one member less now in Troldmand, with only one space sound guy and his sounds were really dry during the first couple of numbers. They really were excellent tonight, with some real Hawkwind like elements (really good at channelling that vibe!), into Kraut elements, and just cool stuff. Kasper did most of the lead guitar parts on the first few songs and then it switched to the other guitar player.. They did a cover song (I think it was called Time Machine) by a Japanese band. They played 45mins and then came back for a encore Jam that was really nice.  Very cool set… A very promising new band.

Flowers must Die
          Flowers must Die, from Sweden, they played in Copenhagen almost a year to the date with Hills. I spoke to them this evening and they said that their previous show here was the worst one they ever played! They were hungry to really deliver today. They started with the guitar player on the right playing flute and the sound generator guy playing trumpet in a slow spaced out beginning. There were like 5 people in the room for the first 10mins and then people slowly started to filter back in as they could hear the sound building up. They played 4 or 5 long pieces about 10mins each. They had really cool dynamics and both guitar players play really cool parts and really different. The sound generator guy has a couple of wakemans with cassette tapes that he is actively recording on and using the microphone and doing strange stuff including torturing one with a pair of scissors! They were amazing on this night. Really blew me away…  I bought their latest vinyl record. They also had a new cassette tape out. I should also mention that my friend Ole was the DJ this night and playing pretty cool music but the volume was very low…


No comments:

Post a Comment